Saturday, July 13, 2013

Solo Gypsy: 10 Nomadic Years





 This is my personal narrative and photo album about a sea change from USA to AUS, and 10 years of being a solo gypsy. Looking back over the decade of trysts and trips, I am enveloped by a great sense of peace and contentment. I found my paradise, and I can't help but think how extraordinarily fortunate I am.

My journey has just turned 10. During those wanderlust years, I lived in 6 capital cities around the Australian states. And I had long stay visits in several more island-nations in the South Pacific and in SE Asia. I think of each location as a chapter in my travel book, but life in Australia could be a complete volume separate and distinct. Maybe I'll call it “Lost in Oz.”

Travel Feats... Slow travel and living in TAS, NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA in that order.

Epiphanies...1. Solo travel sucks. 2. After a decade, still restless but rooted.
The reason it has taken so long to compile my memoirs is that I was simply too busy and constantly moving. I have been without the luxury of time to record the process - until now, on the 10th anniversary of arriving as a naive Yank in search of a place to call home. Let the journey continue.

Elsewheres... I enjoyed long stays and multiple visits to New Zealand, New Caledonia, Indonesia, Canada and the USA during my Solo Gypsy wanderlust years.

A Place to Belong...America is my homeland. Australia is my heaven. 

No comments: